Palak paneer Recipe - Saag Paneer - Spinach curry recipe
Spinach and Indian cottage cheese curry
This Palak paneer Recipe / Saag paneeris a vegetable dish from North India. It is a spinach curry made with spinach and
Paneer/panir (Indian cottage cheese).
The simple spinach turns into a special dish with this process. It is a very popular dish
available in the restaurants. Grown ups as well as children, both love it.
Paneer - Panir - Indian Cottage cheese
Spinach - Palak
Spinach is rich is iron and Low fat cottage cheese makes it healthier too. You do
not need any other way to eat your greens. You can control the oil or butter amount that you
put in. It is one of the favorite paneer - cottage cheese recipes.
to Make Palak Paneer - Saag Paneer - Spinach Curry with Indian cottage cheese
Ingredients for Palak paneer - Saag Paneer
- Fresh Palak(spinach) - 2 cups,chopped
- Paneer - 100 gms cubed.
- Onion - 1 large
- Tomato puree - 1 cup or 1-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- Oil or butter - 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Green chili - 1 or 2 according to taste
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp, more if you want.
Cooking palak paneer - saag paneer
- Heat a pan, add chopped spinach leaves, green chili, garlic and ginger paste.
- Cook for
a few minutes. Cool a little and then puree it along with tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Keep the heat medium.
- Add paneer. Fry till it's light brown. Remove
paneer on a plate.
- Add cumin seed to the oil.
- Add chopped onions. when the onion turns transparent, add
the pureed spinach and tomato mixture.
- Cook stirring. Add garam masala, salt.
- Add the fried paneer pieces. cook for 2-3 minutes and add 1 tbsp
Serve hot with