Recipes with Coconut Milk
Potato Curry with coconut milk
Recipes with coconut milk are many and this potato curry
with coconut milk is easy to make. There are other
potato curry recipes too.
Coconut milk gives a wonderful flavor and is a welcome change from cooking vegetables with
water while getting all the health benefits of a coconut milk.
Coconut milk is used in the coastal areas more as coconut is a part of daily cooking and coconuts are available in plenty.
Vegans can use Coconut milk instead of dairy milk.
You can use the canned coconut milk or
the coconut powder used for making coconut milk. Follow the instructions to make coconut milk on the tin.
If you want to make your own coconut milk you will find the instructions at
How to make coconut milk.
This curry can be served as a side dish with rice or bread.
Potato curry with coconut milk
Ingredients for Potato curry with coconut milk for 3-4 servings:
- Potatoes cubed - 2 cups
- Coconut milk - 1/2 cup thick + 1/2 cup thin milk from 1/2 coconut.
- Dry Red chilies - 2-4, according to taste, broken into pieces.
- Onion (optional)- 1/2 cup chopped
- Cumin seeds (jeera) - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp or according to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
Cooking method for potato curry with coconut milk
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds.
- Fry for a few seconds till cumin splutters.
- Add chopped
onion and red chili pieces .
- Sautee onion till it is transparent (2-3
- Add cubed potatoes. Stir for a minute.
- Add thin coconut milk.
Cook for 10 minutes or till potatoes are just done.
- Add thick coconut
milk and salt.
- Bring to boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Take off fire.
Serve hot with plain rice or roti / chapati.
Go to coconut recipes
to Curry Recipes Page from Recipes with Coconut Milk
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Home