Punjabi Style Aloo Ka Paratha
by Vimmi Malhotra
Punjabi style aloo ka paratha recipe is here for you.
Many Aloo paratha versions are made now in many states of India but the Punjabi alu paratha and in general, punjabi food is popular everywhere.
Take a look at the menu card of any restaurant and you will find many punjabi dishes there.
So here is the punjabi style aloo ka paratha for you.
How to make Punjabi style aloo ka paratha
List of ingredients and the quantity4-5 medium size Potatoes1 onion - finely chopped2 table spoons coriander leaves (cilantro - dhaniya patti) - finely chopped 1 Green Chilli (Hari Mirch) - finely chopped 1/2 tspoon cumin seed powder (Jeera Powder)1/2 t-spoon turmeric (haldi) powder1/4 t-spoon red chili (Lal Mirch) powdera pinch of Garam masalaSalt to taste
Making punjabi style aloo paratha
- Boil potatoes and peel them.
- Take a large bowl and add peeled potatoes to it.
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl and mash potatoes and mix properly with all the other ingredients.
- Knead dough with wheat flour and water.
Now, take a small dough ball and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a bit of ghee on the surface of the chapati and place suitable amount of potato mixture on the surface of the chapati.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati with potato mixture inside it to a round peda(ball>.
- Now, roll out the peda into suitable size Paratha in such a way that it should not get broken from anywhere.
- Spread a little amount of oil on the tawa(girdle/skillet) , roast paratha from both sides by turning it many times and spreading white butter to its surface.
- Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the paratha gets properly cooked from inside.
- Take it off from the griddle, grease Punjabi Aloo paratha with white butter
Serve immediately with curd.
This is one of my favorite recipe.....
I love parathas....
And my family loved to eat it in breakfast or lunch.