Besan curry - Instant spicy curry
This besan curry is a variation of besan zunka or besan Kadhi.
Besan is the Indian name of bengal gram or split chickpea flour.
Besan is a very versatile ingredient and is used in sweets as well as savories.
Easy and quick to make, this besan zunka recipe is a favorite accompaniment of many as it takes only a few minutes to make.
How to make quick besan curry
ingredients needed for besan curry:
- onions 2 chopped
- tomatoes 2 chopped
- mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- jeera (cumin seeds)-1/2 tsp
- asafetida - a pinch
- besan flour - 1 cup
- green chillies - 2 or 3
- oil 2 tsp
- curds (plain yogurt) - 2 cups
How to make Besan curry - Instant Spicy curry
- First keep a pan for heating
- pour two spoons of oil
- add jeera cumin seeds, mustard seeds and green chillies
- then add cut pieces of onion and tomato
- fry it for 5 min
- in a big pan mix a bowl of besan with a bowl of thick curds
- mix it well, add salt while mixing.
- add this besan mixture in onion and tomato fry and mix everything well.
- add turmeric.
- fry all this 5 min
It is ready for serving.