Besan rava potato dosa pancake
by Vinoo Sharma
This rava besan potato dosa pancake is a good dish to serve at breakfast or as a snack. It is made from besan(chickpea flour) and rava-suji(semolina/cream of wheat).
Ingredients for the rava besan potato dosa
- besan(chickpea flour) - 1cup
- rava (semolina/cream of wheat) - 1cup
- boiled potato - 2 small ones
- curd(plain yogurt)- 3/4th cup
- green chilles - 2
- coriander leaves chopped - 1 tbsp
- onion chopped fine - 1/2 cup
- salt 1 tsp or according to taste
- water about 1-2 cups or as neededMethod for making rava besan dosa /pancake
- Mix rawa and besan in 1 1/2 cup water.
- Leave aside for about 2 hrs.
- Add salt, green chillies , chopped coriander leaves, curd and beat the mixture to a smooth pancake batter consistency. Add more water only if necessary.
- Grate the potato, add the onions and mix well.
- Heat a tawa/flat pan and spread a little oil.
- Add a laddleful of the batter and spread into a round.
- Take a little potato onion mixture and spread on the dosa.
- Sprinkle a little oil on top.
- Cook it on both sides till it is light brown and remove from the pan.
Make other dosas in the similar way. Serve hot with a little butter or ghee.
Chutney or ketchup tastes good with it.