Banana Stem Soup Recipe
This Banana stem soup recipe is a speciality of south India.
Banana stem is nutritious and has many medicinal uses because of it's high fiber content
Here is one of the way you can use banana stem in your meal to make it a healthy diet.
How to make banana stem soup?
Ingredients for banana stem soup recipe
- Banana stem - 1/2 kg
- Onion - 100 g
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Corn flour - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - a few
- Coriander leaves chopped - 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder- to taste
- Salt- according to taste
- Water- 3 cups
- Butter - 1 tbsp
Making banana stem soup
- cut banana stem into small pieces & grind Well
- heat the pan, melt butter.
- add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste & saute for 1 min.
- add the ground banana stem.
- add enough water and add salt for taste.
- let it boil well, then mix water with corn flour and add for thickening the soup.
- after it has cooked well, add curry leaves, coriander leaves & black pepper powder according to taste.
- let this cook in low flame for few minutes.
Serve Hot and Enjoy!Note:
- filter the soup before serving. as the banana stem has lots of fiber,it's better to filter
- add some coriander leaves to the filtered soup before serving.