Yummy Layered Cutlets
by Sumitra Mishra
This layered vegetable cutlet recipe came up as a A+B+C+D dish.
Tasted yummy and filled everyone's stomach.
Has vegetables,cottage cheese(paneer),bread and spices.
Vegetables and cottage cheese(Indian paneer) makes it high on essential minerals, protein and other nutrients.
Hung curd when used makes a delightful and low-cal substitute.
How to make yummy layered vegetable cutlets
Ingredients for cutlets
Cutlet (stuffing)inner layer ingredients
- Cottage Cheese(panir/paneer)- 150 grams OR Hung Curd(yummy healthy option)
- Chaat Masala
- 2 tsp
- Black salt(kala namak) - according to taste
- Black pepper (kali mirch) powder -1 tsp or according to taste
How to prepare stuffing for cutlets
- Crumble paneer(Cottage Cheese) or roughly press hung curd.
- Mix spices into it and make soft stuffing.
Alternative inner filling
Crumbled cheese to which red chilli flakes and oregano may be added. Gives a gooey yummy center that children can't get enough of!
Cutlet Outer Layer ingredients
- Boiled vegetables(carrot,corn,green peas,cauliflower,beetroot)-250 gms
- Bread-2 slices
- Crushed Ginger - green chili - 1 tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Pepper-to taste
- Breadcrumbs or semolina(sooji-rava)- to coat cutlets
- Oil- to shallow fry
Method to make cutlets
- Do not boil the vegetables till too soft. Drain water and leave on strainer till dry.
- Mash lightly, mix salt, pepper and crushed ginger-chili.
- Mix in mashed potatoes and crumbled bread slices to make mixture for outer layer.
- Stuff in cottage cheese/hung curd mix. Seal well. You may make round or heart shape as you like.
- Roll in semolina or breadcrumbs and shallow fry or cook on a skillet(tava/girdle)till light brown on both sides.
Serve the cutlets hot with ketchup or mint and chili chutney Enjoy