Easy Plain Rice Recipe - How to cook rice
Here is an Easy Plain Rice recipe for you.
The ingredients are few and within a few minutes, you have the rice ready.
Though you need to be around while the rice is cooking, this recipe does not need your constant attention to the cooking pot.
Just keep track of time. You may attend to your other work in the kitchen itself while your plain rice is getting ready.
Plain steamed or boiled rice is served with vegetables, lentil dals, curries etc.
It can also be served with different kinds of chutneys, dry chutneys or wet.
How to make Plain steamed or boiled rice? How to cook rice
Ingredients for plain rice to serve 3
1. Rice - 1 cup
2. Water - 3-4 cups
3. Salt - 1 tspCooking Method for plain rice:
- Wash rice in water till water looks clean and keep aside.
- place a patre(vessel - big pot) on the stove and add water, wait till it boil.
- And then add rice into water and add salt.
- leave for 10-15 minutes to cook.
- then reduce the heat and cook till rice is just done.
- take the patre (vessel) and remove the starch water by pouring the rice and water over colander or a thin cloth.
- Put rice in a pot or a bowl and keep it covered till serving time.
- Serve hot.
With this method, you will get a perfect rice as you like.
The water used here is double the quantity than needed for cooking rice. The excess water and the starch is removed immedietly by straining over a colander or a thin cloth tied over a pot.Go to more rice recipes for a variety of rice dishes
Brown and White Rice Recipe
by David Schneider
(Los Organos, Peru, South America)
With this recipe, you can make small or larger portions of rice. It produces Hawaiian sticky rice, our favorite.
Easy instruction to make brown and white rice
-Mix brown and white rice half and half and put in a pot.
-Cover with water twice the depth of the rice.
-Turn heat on high until it begins to simmer.
Then turn down low.
-Rice is done in about 30 minutes or when water is totally absorbed.
Serve with stir fry vegetables.