Green Spicy Appam Recipe
Hariyali Ginger Paniyaram
by Madhu Shivapuri
Green Spicy Appam - Hariyali Ginger Paniaram
Hariyali Ginger Paniyaram or spicy appam recipe is basically a south indian recipe with a yummy variation.
Ingredients for paniyaramSuji(rava/semolina/cream of wheat) - 1 cup Yoghurt -4 tbspWater-to make smooth betterCoriander- 1/2 bunchGreen chillies-3-4Salt-as to tasteCumin seeds-1tspGinger-1 small pieceFruit salt-1/2 tsp
Method to make paniaram
- Grind ginger green chillies and coriander to a smooth paste in a grinder using little water.
- Grind suji and add yoghurt,water and make a smooth batter.
- Now add green paste in it add salt and cumin seeds and mix well.
- Keep it aside for 20-25 minutes.
- Now take the paniyaram pan/ mould and gently rub or add few drops of oil in all the holes-depressions.
- Now add fruit salt in the batter and mix well.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in each hole.
Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or till it has a few brown spots.
- When done, turn to the other side using a spoon or paniyaram stick and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Repeat the process for the remaining batches and serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato chutney
The paniyaram moulds or pans are available in iron or in nonstick pans.