Vegetable noodle soup recipe
This vegetable noodle soup recipe is a healthy one dish meal.
Noodles are a favorite of most
children. Stringing, sucking, rolling the noodles around the fork
provides them with lot of fun as well as the nutrition. When vegetables are added to the dish, it is more nutritious.
Those kids, who do not like to eat their veggies, are prepared to eat them in vegetable noodle soup.
So if your child is not eating veggies, have patience. In the meantime make this vegetable noodle
recipe with a few vegetables and see if your child likes it.
Ready to make and eat noodle packs such as Maggie, Top Ramen etc. are available along with their own
spice mix of different flavors. You also get atta (whole wheat flour) noodles with curry flavor. You may use these ready to cook noodles to save time if you wish.
I usually use plain wheat based noodles and add my own spices. When you use plain noodles,
you can make and use your own spice mix according your choice and taste.
How to make Vegetable Noodle soup
Ingredients Vegetarian noodle soup for 2 servings:
Noodles - 100 gms
- Water - 2-3 cups
- Salt - 1/2 tsp or to taste.
- Butter or
vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Corn flour - 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup -
- Soya sauce - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/4
tsp, if you like it spicy.
Vegetables you can use in your noodle soup
Vegetables mix from a few/all vegetables given below. You can use any 2-3 or all vegetables. More is
First add the ones your child already likes and then add one more at a time.
- Onion, sliced thin - 2 tbsp
- Carrot - cut juliennes (thin sticks) - 1 tbsp
- Tomato chopped - 1 tbsp
- Green beans chopped - 1 tbsp
- Fresh peas - shelled - 1 tbsp
- Cabbage - shredded - 1 tbsp
- Capsicum - cut in thin strips - 1 tbsp
Making vegetable noodle soup
While the vegetables are cooking, we will boil noodles.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil, add chopped ginger, garlic and onion. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add beans. Cook for 2 minutes stirring. Add cabbage, capsicum, green peas. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Add 2 cups water. and bring to boil.
- Add salt, pepper powder, ketchup (if adding). Mix well.
- Mix cornflour with 1/2 cup water in a lump less paste. Add this cornflour paste in the boiling vegetable mix stirring continuously.
- Let boil for a minute.
- Taste the soup and add salt/pepper if needed.
- Heat water till it starts boiling. Add noodles to the water and
let boil for 2-3 minutes. We want noodles to be just done, not
- Drain and keep aside till needed.
Finishing/serving vegetable noodle soup
- Place the boiled noodles on a serving plate. Add the hot vegetable soup mix on the top of the noodles. Serve immediately.
- You may also add the noodles to the boiling soup on the stove itself and serve.
- Check if your store bought noodles contain salt and add accordingly.
- For variation, Leave out pepper powder, tomato ketchup, soya sauce and add curry powder or rasam powder. It is
a tasty change from the usual noodles
Do try this Chinese noodles recipe. I am sure you and your family will enjoy this.
Related Pages to visit: