Dry gobi curry - cauliflower recipe
This dry gobi curry, cauliflower recipe, is a good accompaniment for chapati, poori, roti.
It is a dry subji recipe, good to take for lunch to school or office with chapaties.
It is important to clean cauliflower / gobi before using it raw or in cooking.
You will find instructions to clean cauliflower below and also at How to clean and prepare cauliflower
How to make dry gobi curry
Ingredients for dry gobi curry:
Cauliflower - Phool gobi
Phoolgobi(cauliflower) - 1
Onion (finely chopped ) - 1
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
Salt - 1 tsp or according to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Cooking Method for dry gobi subji:
- Heat a pan and put little oil. Add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry for few seconds.
- Add chopped cauliflower and cover and cook for few min.
- Add chili powder and salt. Sprinkle a little water and cook on low flame for a few minutes.
- When gobi(cauliflower)is almost cooked, add garam masala. Mix well and cook for another two min.
Gobi is ready to serve. Serve with chapathi, roti or rice.Tip
Add just enough water to cook the cauliflower if necessary. Do not add too much water.
Cauliflower cooks fast and already contains some moisture to cook in. Just cover and cook.
Cauliflower cleaning tips - How to clean cauliflower
Cleaning of Gobi(cauliflower) before cooking is very important.
For through cleaning , boil water, add salt, add turmeric powder and chopped gobi.
Keep it aside for about 10 min. Drain the water and wash cauliflower under running water and the vegetable is safe to use now.