Carrot Potato Soup recipe
This carrots and potato recipe serves 2.
INGREDIENTS for soup:
- Carrots - 2 Nos
- Potatoes - 2 Nos
- Onion small - 1
- Garlic - 2 Nos
- Butter- 2 tsp
- Red Chili Power (Optional) - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf - 1
- Black pepper crushed - 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- Cut onion and garlic into thin slice.
- Peel & cut carrots and potatoes into small cubes
- Melt butter in a pan (or pressure cooker), saute sliced onion & garlic until onions are light brown.
- Add garam masala, salt and chili powder. Saute for 5 seconds
- Add cut carrots and potatoes in pan with 1 and 1/2 glass of water (you may add more water later on as per your choice of consistency)
- Add cumin seeds and bay leaf to pan.
- Allow it to cook on medium flame until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Blend with a blender for smooth consistency.
- Serve hot with crushed black pepper
This soup is great for kids as well, if chili powder is omitted.Enjoy!Go to more soup recipes