Kids Breakfast Recipe - Sweet idly with molasses
by sindhu rajesh
This sweet idli recipe is easy to make when you already have some idli batter with you.
When you make idli batter, keep some aside to make these sweet idlis. You may make it along with your normal idlis too.
Remember the batter should be fresh and not sour.
You may add any dry fruits of your choice. Just chop them a little.
The fresh coconut adds to the flavor and taste. If you do not have freshly grated coconut, use desiccated coconut. Just soak it in warm water for 10 minutes before using.
How to make sweet idliThe ingredients for sweet idliIdly batter- 1 cup Fresh coconut shredded- half cup Molasses / brown hard sugar – one or two tablespoons.Cardamom seeds powdered- half teaspoon.Sweet Idli preparation Method
- Beat the idly batter nicely.
- Then grease the idly plates and fill half the idly pits with this batter.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut, cardamom powder and molasses well.
- Then sprinkle on the top of the idly batter.
- Now steam as you normally steam idlis. Maybe for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take out and cool the iddlies and your sweet idllies are ready.
(note - the batter should not be too sour)
This breakfast is very healthy too as molasses is rich in iron content. I bet children will love it. And grownups too.