Jhal Muri - Jhal Moodi - Bengali Snack
Jhal Muri Ingredients:
- Puffed rice - 2 cups
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Potato - 1 medium sized, boiled and diced
- Cucumber - 1/2 cup diced
- Boiled chickpeas - 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 4 tsp
- Masala powder - 2.5 tsp
- Roasted Peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Coconut - 2 tbsp of small pieces
- Ginger and green chillies - little (optional)
- Coriander leaves - to garnish
- Salt - to taste
- Mustard oil - 2 tsp (optional)Method to make Masala Powder for Jhaal Muri:
Dry roast3 tsp jeera (cumin seeds), 1 tsp coriander seeds and 2 red chillies. Cool and grind together to powder.How to make Jhal Muri:
Mix all ingredients except puffed rice. Add the puffed rice and mix well just before serving.
Enjoy this Bengali snack food in your home.
This is original Kolkata jhal Muri / moodi, available in the road side, and tastes yum and perfect! It is healthy too!
Thought this seems similar to the Bombay Bhel, it is quite different in taste and flavor. Jhaal Muri is also easier and faster to make.