Oats Khichdi recipe
oats - Oatmeal
Oats or oatmeal is considered as one of the healthiest foods.
If you are tired of having the same oatmeal porridge for breakfast, there are other ways to cook oats in an interesting way.
Find here a recipe for oatmeal khichadi.
How to make oats khichadi
Ingredients for oats khichadi:
-Oats - 1 cup
-Sprouted Moong(green lentils) - 1/4 cup
-Chopped Onion - 1 small size
-Chopped Tomato - 1 medium
-Chopped green chilies - 3-4
-Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
-Cumin and Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp each.
-Water - 3 cups
-Oil - 3 tsp
-Salt - to taste
Method to make oatmeal khichdi:
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
2. Add the cumin and mustard seeds.
3. Add chopped onions and green chilies and fry till onion turns golden brown.
4. Add chopped tomato and fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add salt and turmeric powder and fry till the masala leaves oil.
6. Add oats and sprouted moong(green gram, mung bean).
7. Add water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
Serve hot and