Asparagus Risotto Recipe
by More Than Gourmet
More Than Gourmet
Celebrate spring with this creamy asparagus risotto, infused with the fresh flavors of asparagus along with white wine. Serve it up as beautiful centerpiece for a vegetarian meal or as a side dish with chicken or fish.
: 4 as a main course; 6-8 as a side dishIngredients for asparagus risotto
- 1½ pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1/2 ounces Veggie-Stock Gold diluted in 4 1/2 cups hot water (purchase this here: http://morethangourmet.com/our-products/vegetable-based-sauces-a-stocks/vegetable-stock)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and ground black pepperMethods/steps
1. Cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces, reserving the tips. Place 1 cup of the stem pieces and 1 cup of the diluted Veggie-Stock Gold in a blender and purée until smooth.
2. Combine the purée and the remaining stock in a medium saucepan and bring the mixture to a simmer (do not boil). Keep it warm over a low heat.
3. Warm the olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion to the pan and sauté until soft and translucent, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
5. Add the wine, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed. Add 1/2 cup of the hot stock mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed.
6. Add the remaining stock mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of stock is absorbed before adding the next.
7. Stir in the remaining asparagus and cook for another few minutes, until the asparagus is bright green and crisp-tender.
8. Stir in Parmesan cheese and cream, then season the risotto to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately
with a small bowl of grated Parmesan at the table.***z-veg-300x250.shtml***