Nutritious Healthy Tomato Soup Recipe
Tomato soup is nutritious as well as easy to make.
It is a quick recipe.
Do you love tomatoes like I do? I like to add them to my
With this tomato soup recipe, you have another interesting way to add color and
nutrition to your meal. Your family will love it too.
Tomato soup is good to have at any time but I like it best in the cold evenings. During winter or at other times too, it is a favorite at home. Serve it with garlic bread and it
disappears within minutes.
I am using fresh tomatoes for this recipe but you can use the precooked or canned tomatoes. You may also use
store bought or homemade tomato
puree if you wish. Just check if salt is already added or not. And add less salt while making this soup.
How to make Tomato Soup
red ripe tomatoes
Tomato soup ingredients to serve 2
- Tomatoes - 4 cups chopped
- Sugar - 1 tbsp or to taste
- water - 3 cups
- corn flour - 1 tablespoon
- salt - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste.
- Fresh Cream or butter - 1 tsp
Making - Cooking tomato soup
Wash tomatoes. Chop roughly.
Cooking tomato soup Method:
- Boil 1 cup water in a pan. Add tomatoes to it. Cook for 5 minutes or till tomatoes are just done.
- Take off fire. Puree the tomato along with the water in which it was cooked.
- Pass through a sieve to remove skin and seeds.
- Put the puree back in the pot. Add 1 cup water. Bring to boil.
- Mix corn flour in a 1/2 cup water. Add to the soup mixture while
stirring so as not to form the lumps.
- Let it boil for a minute. Check for consistency, add more water if needed.
- Add salt, sugar, and pepper powder according to taste.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
The soup is ready. Add cream or butter just before serving in the soup bowl.
Serve hot with croutons or garlic bread. Enjoy your Soup with your family and friends.
- You can add a little butter or milk just before serving.
- Vegans can add coconut milk or cream instead of dairy milk.