Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipes
Vegetable soup recipes help you to remain
healthy as they are a great way to eat more vegetables that are good for your health.
There are many vegetable soup recipes and this recipe for vegetable soup is one of the
simplest and easiest. If you are on a vegetable soup diet, this will be very useful for you.
vegetable mix for soup
For a cold winter evening or when you do not wish to spend too much
time in the kitchen, this vegetable soup is a perfect one dish meal.
These vegetable soups provide you with the necessary nutrients , are satisfying and
help you reduce weight.
You can use your favorite vegetables such as onions, beans, carrots,
peas, capsicum, broccoli, zucchini, cabbage, cauliflower, pumpkin, squash etc. for this soup.
I have used a few vegetables that are easily available everywhere. You can use more
cabbage if wish to reduce weight as cabbage is one of the negative calorie food.
You do not need all the above mentioned vegetables every time. You can
use 3-4 of them at a time. I like to use cabbage, onions, carrots and
French beans and that is what I am using in the recipe below.
How to make homemade vegetable Soup
Ingredients for vegetable soup to serve 4
- Tomatoes - 1 cup chopped or 1/2 cup
- French beans - 1/2 cup chopped
- Carrots - 1/2 cup chopped
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup chopped
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Potato - 1/2 cup chopped
- Sugar - 1 tsp or to taste
- water or vegetable stock - 3-4 cups
- ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
- garlic paste (optional) - 1/2 tsp
- corn flour - 1 tablespoon
- salt - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- butter - 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste.
- Fresh Cream or butter for serving- 1 tsp
- Heat butter in a deep pot. Add chopped onions. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped vegetables . Cook for 3-4minutes while stirring.
- add the vegetable stock or water. Bring to boil and then reduce heat.
- cook for 15-20 minutes till the vegetables are cooked.
- add chopped tomatoes or the tomato puree. Cook further for 5 minutes.
- Mix corn flour in a 1/2 cup water. Add to the soup mixture while stirring so as not to form the lumps.
- Let it boil for a minute.Check for consistency, add more water or stock if needed.
- Add salt, sugar, and pepper powder according to taste.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
The vegetable soup is ready.
Add cream or butter, milk just before serving in the soup bowl.
Serve hot with croutons/garlic bread.
Enjoy your vegetable Soup with your family and friends.
Look out for more vegetable soup recipes.
Vegans can add coconut milk or coconut cream instead of dairy milk or cream.
You might like these
Vegetarian soup recipes are an important part of Healthy vegetarian diet. vegetable soup diet helps you in weightloss.
This Tomato soup is one of the nutritious soup recipes. Have it as a healthy, filling snack or as a warming drink on a cold day.
This spinach soup is nutritious and healthy soup. It is a yummy way to use spinach and eat your greens.One of the healthy and filling spinach recipes.
Click on the Quick links below to go to the section.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.