Nutritious Spinach Soup Recipe
This Spinach Soup or palak soup Recipe is nutritious as well as easy to make. It is a
quick recipe. You do not need popeye to persuade to to enjoy
Do you eat your greens, mainly spinach only the boiled way? With this spinach
soup recipe, you have another interesting way to get your greens that provide you iron. Your family will love it too.
I am using fresh spinach leaves for this recipe but you can use the precooked /
canned spinach if you wish.
How to make Spinach Soup - Palak soup
spinach - palak
Ingredients for spinach soup to serve 2
- Fresh Spinach leaves - 2 cups
- Sugar- 1/2 tsp
- water - 3 cups
- corn flour - 1/2 tablespoon
- salt - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste.
- Fresh Cream or butter - 1 tsp
Preparation before making spinach soup - palak soup:
- Wash spinach leaves.
- Chop roughly.
Making spinach soup:
- Boil 1 cup water in a pan. Add spinach leaves to it.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Take off fire.
- Puree the spinach leaves along with the water in which it was cooked.
- Put the puree back in the pot.
- Add 1 cup water. Bring to boil.
- Mix corn flour in a 1/2 cup water which is at room temperature.
- Add cornflour mixture to the soup mixture while stirring so as not to form the lumps.
- Let soup boil for a minute. Check for consistency, add more water if needed.
- Add salt, sugar, and pepper powder according to taste.
- Boil for 2 minutes.The soup is ready.
- Add cream or butter just before serving in the soup bowl. Or in the individual serving bowl.
Serve hot with croutons/garlic bread.
Enjoy your Soup with your family and
Add butter or milk or cream just before serving. Do not add it while cooking.
- Vegans can add coconut milk or cream instead of dairy milk.
Visit another spinach / palak soup recipe where we make soup without using corn flour.