Palak soup - Spinach Soup Recipe
Easy healthy soup recipe
This palak soup or spinach soup Recipe is nutritious as well as easy to make. It is a
quick recipe. Good for cold winter evenings.
You need to add healthy greens in your meals and this palak / spinach soup is a welcome dish. During winter or cold rainy days this hot soup served with any bread is welcome. In my house we love it with garlic bread.
Your family will love it too.
I am using fresh spinach leaves for this recipe but you can use the precooked /
canned spinach if you wish.
How to make Palak - Spinach Soup
spinach - palak
Ingredients for palak soup - spinach soup to serve 2
- Fresh Spinach leaves - 2 cups
- Sugar- 1/2 tsp
- water - 3 cups
- Boiled potato - 1 small
- salt - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste.
- Fresh Cream or butter - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 1 or 2 cloves
- Onion - 1 small
- olive oil or vegetable oil - 1/2 tsp
Preparation before making spinach soup:
- Wash spinach leaves.
- Chop spinach and garlic, onion roughly.
- Dice boiled potato.
Cooking palak soup:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic. Fry for a few seconds. Do not let it brown.
- Add chopped onion and fry till onions are transparent.
- Add spinach leaves to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or so till spinach leaves are wilted. Take off fire. Let cool a little.
- Puree the boiled potato and spinach leaves together along with a little water.
- Put the puree back in the pot. Add 1 cup water.
- Bring to boil.
- Check for consistency, add more water if needed.
- Add salt, sugar, and pepper powder according to taste. Boil for 2 minutes.
The soup is ready.The soup thickens a little when cool.
Add cream or butter just before serving in the soup bowl.Or you may add it on top of the soup while serving in individual bowl.
Serve hot with croutons/garlic bread. Enjoy your Soup with your family and
- Add butter or milk or cream just before serving or just while serving. Do not add it while cooking.
- Vegans can add coconut milk or coconut cream instead of dairy milk.
potato adds taste and thickens the soup.
- Instead of boiled potato, you
may use cornstarch. Go to recipe for spinach - palak soup with corn starch.
You might like these
Vegetarian soup recipes are an important part of Healthy vegetarian diet. vegetable soup diet helps you in weightloss.
This Tomato soup is one of the nutritious soup recipes. Have it as a healthy, filling snack or as a warming drink on a cold day.
Find here fresh spinach recipes or canned spinach recipes. Palak recipes and learn how to cook spinach
Click on the Quick links below to go to the section.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.