Palak soup - Spinach Soup Recipe
Easy healthy soup recipe
This palak soup or spinach soup Recipe is nutritious as well as easy to make. It is a
quick recipe. Good for cold winter evenings.
You need to add healthy greens in your meals and this palak / spinach soup is a welcome dish. During winter or cold rainy days this hot soup served with any bread is welcome. In my house we love it with garlic bread.
Your family will love it too.
I am using fresh spinach leaves for this recipe but you can use the precooked /
canned spinach if you wish.
How to make Palak - Spinach Soup
Ingredients to serve 2
- Fresh Spinach leaves - 2 cups
- Sugar- 1/2 tsp
- water - 3 cups
- Boiled potato - 1 small
- salt - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste.
- Fresh Cream or butter - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 1 or 2 cloves
- Onion - 1 small
- olive oil or vegetable oil - 1/2 tsp
Wash spinach leaves.Chop spinach and garlic, onion roughly. Dice boiled potato.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic. Fry for a few seconds. Do not let it brown.
- Add chopped onion and fry till onions are transparent.
- Add spinach leaves to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or so till spinach leaves are wilted. Take off fire. Let cool a little.
- Puree the boiled potato and spinach leaves mix along with a little water.
- Put the puree back in the pot. Add 1 cup water.
- Bring to boil.
- Check for consistency, add more water if needed.
- Add salt, sugar, and pepper powder according to taste.Boil for 2 minutes.
The soup is ready.The soup thickens a little when cool.
Add cream or butter just before serving in the soup bowl.
Serve hot with croutons/garlic bread. Enjoy your Soup with your family and
- Add butter or milk or cream just before serving. Do not add it while cooking.
- Vegans can add coconut milk or coconut cream instead of dairy milk.
- Boiled potato adds taste and thickens the soup. Instead of boiled potato, you may add some cornstarch mixed with water for thickening the soup.
To Soup Recipes Page From Palak soup Spinach Soup recipe
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Home