Palak Raita - Spinach raita recipe
Yogurt Salad - Side dish - Indian Raita
This spinach raita recipe is one of healthy fresh spinach recipes. It's also an
easy spinach dip recipe. It is one of the many wonderful yogurt recipes that I love.You can use
is a Hindi word for spinach. Raita is a curd - yogurt based side dish.
It is served with
rice dishes such as vegetable rice, pulao, biryani or with any Indian
How to make spinach raita - palak raita?
Ingredients for palak - spinach raita:
spinach - palak
spinach - palak
- Fresh Spinach (only leaves) - 1 cup
- Curd (plain yogurt) - 1 ½ cup, lightly beaten
- Salt - ½ tsp or to taste
- Sugar - ¼ tsp or to taste
- Black pepper powder - ¼ tsp
- Garlic (optional) -1 clove or garlic powder -1/4 tsp
- Cumin seed powder - ¼ tsp
- Fresh coriander (cilantro) - 1 tbsp chopped fine.
Ingredients For seasoning:
- Vegetable oil or ghee - 1 tsp
- Asafetida powder - a pinch
- mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Green chili (optional) - 1 slit in 2 pieces
Method to make spinach - palak raita:
Heat a pan and add spinach and 1 tbsp water.
- Cook covered for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Switch off the heat and let cool a little.
- Purée the spinach if you wish or you can chop it finely.
- Let cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, salt, sugar, cumin powder, chopped cilantro.
- Add puréed or chopped spinach
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds and fry for a few seconds. When the seeds start popping, add cumin seeds.
- Add chopped green chili and asafetida. Take off fire.
Cool the tempering completely and add to the yogurt spinach mixture.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
This spinach raita recipe is an interesting way to eat your greens. You can make your
variations by adding chopped onions, tomatoes etc. that would make it colorful too.
- The plain yogurt(curds)should be fresh and sweet. Make sure it is not sour.
- Add 1 tbsp fresh grated coconut to this raita if you wish.
- Keep the raitha in the fridge if you are planning to serve it later. If left outside, it can get sour.
- Adding tempering is optional.
You might like these
Potato salad is a easy to make potato recipe. Dahi aloo raita is served with rice, chapati, paratha. You may also have as a snack.
Beetroot raita recipe, beet raitha, beets yogurt recipe, Indian raita
radish mooli Raita is a cool indian yogurt based salad. Mooli or muli is full of fiber.
Click on the Quick links below to go to the section.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.