Raita - Healthy Salad Recipe
Indian Raita Recipe
Cool Tomato salad with yogurt
Raita recipes such as Tomato Raita recipe make your meal more colorful as well as
healthier. It contains all the goodness of fresh tomatoes and yogurt. It is a wonderful tomato and yogurt recipe.
You can use
This Indian salad recipe is a side dish that is served with a variety of Indian rice or
bread. Not only it is a very healthy recipe, but it is easy and simple and quick salad recipe too.
It would take you just a few minutes (the time to chop tomatoes). about 5 minutes total including the tempering to
make this raita.
It looks colorful with red tomatoes, white yogurt and the green coriander leaves. Just try it.
How to Make Tomato Raita
Main ingredients for tomato raitha
Red ripe tomatoes
yogurt - curd - dahi
Ingredients for tomato raitha to serve 3-4
- Ripe red tomatoes - 2 cups chopped
- Curds(plain yogurt) - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Green chili(optional) - 1 chopped fine or slit in two.
- Coriander(Cilantro) leaves - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
Step by step instructions for making tomato raitha
- Chop tomatoes, cilantro.
- Slit chilli in half if you want to take it
out before serving.
- Chop finely if you like raita chili hot
- Heat oil. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add the slit chili, pinch of asafetida.
- Mix together chopped tomatoes, cilantro leaves, salt, sugar, curds.
- Add the prepared seasoning and mix well.
Serve with rice or bread immediately or after cooling in the fridge for sometime.
Tips and variationsTip:
Add 1 tbsp fresh grated coconut to this raita if you wish
- You can add
black pepper powder along with or instead of green chili according to
- The plain yogurt(curds)should be fresh and sweet. Make sure
it is not sour.
- Add 1 tbsp fresh grated coconut to this raita if you
- Keep the raitha in the fridge if you are planning to serve it
later. If left outside, it may get sour, if left outside the fridge.
- Add finely chopped onion if you
- This tomato raitha tastes wonderful with all the rice dishes