Palak Paratha - Spinach bread recipe
Nutritious Indian flat bread recipe
This Palak paratha is a very tasty way of eating your greens. Kids and
everyone else loves it. You do not need Pop Eye to make the kids eat spinach. You may also like to visit the
Palak Poori recipe.
This Palak-paratha recipe is a healthy variation of
It is made with fresh Spinach leaves and whole wheat flour and served with
curry and pickle and a cup of yogurt.
Spinach - Palak paratha
It can be eaten at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
It is a perfect food to take for school or office lunch or picnic.
It is good to eat even after a few hours. As it contains a few spices, you don't really need any accompaniment such
You can make the dough and keep in the fridge for 2-3 days and make parathas as and when you want.
How to make Palak Paratha
Ingredients: to make 6 spinach parathas.
Main ingredients for palak paratha
Whole wheat flour - Atta
Palak - Spinach leaves
- whole wheat flour(atta) -2 cups.
- Fresh spinach(palak) leaves - 2 cups.
- Rice flour(optional) - 2 tbsp.
- oil or melted butter - 2 tbsp.
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp.
- red chili powder (optional) - 1/4 tsp.
- water for forming dough.
- oil for basting.
- Chop finely spinach leaves.
- In a bowl, add flour, salt,chopped spinach leaves, cumin, coriander, chili powder, oil or butter.
- Mix well. Add water little by little and from dough. Knead well,
- Cover and leave aside for 20-30 minutes. Knead again and then make 6 round balls.
- Take each ball, dip in dry flour. Sprinkle a little flour on the board.
- Place the dough
ball on it and roll out into a thick round.
- Heat girdle. Put the round on it. Cook for 5-8 seconds.
- Turn and cook the other side.
- baste with a little
oil. Cook on both the sides adding a little oil. Both the sides should have brown spots on them.
- Take off the fire.
Palak paratha is read. Roll and cook all the parathas in the similar way.
Keep the parathas covered till serving time.
Before serving apply a little ghee or butter on top if you wish.
Serve hot with any curry or
pickle and yogurt.
to Indian Breads Page from Palak Paratha
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Homepage from Palak Paratha