Vegetable Samosa Recipe
Vegan Snack Recipe
This vegetable samosa recipe is a very popular snack recipe.
Samosas are irresistible. They are generally served as snacks and it is a
quite a filling snack.
Samosa is originally from the North India but now it is a part of everyone's
recipe collection. It is popular not only in India but outside India too.
It is a favorite snack food served at parties and celebrations.
Kids and the teenagers love it.
Samosas are something that every one likes to eat at least once in a while.
You can make a lot, and serve when you want. Just heat in the oven before serving.
You can freeze them. Defrost them and heat before serving. Isn't that convenient?
How to make Vegetable Samosa
For stuffing vegetable samosa
- potatoes boiled and cubed - 2 cups
- green peas - 1/4 cup cooked.
masala -1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp or according to taste.
- Red chili powder -
1/4 tsp or according to taste.
- Ginger paste - 1/4 tsp
- fennel seeds or
powder - 1/4 tsp
Ingredients for samosa covering
- Plain flour - 1 cup
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- oil - 1 tbsp
- water to form dough.
- Oil - for deep frying
Preparation for making samosa
Mix flour, salt, 1tbsp oil.
- Add water little by little and form a tight
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients together in a bowl.
Making Samosa Method:
- Take a lime sized ball of dough. Roll out in a circle of about 6"
diameter on a rolling board using a rolling pin.
- Cut the round into half.
Each half will make one samosa.
- Add a big tablespoonful of the stuffing
on one piece.
- Fold into a triangle, holding the stuffing in carefully.
- Press the
edges together to seal.
- Form all the samosas in the similar way.
- Heat oil
for frying. Keep the heat medium.
- Add 3 or 4 samosas into the hot oil. How many you add will depend on the size of your pan and the oil in it.
- Fry on both sides till they are golden brown. Turn once in a while so that they are evenly fried and browned.
- Remove and drain well.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup or coconut chutney, mint chutney.
You can use only peas or potatoes if you wish.
You may also add beans,
carrots for variation.
Add cashew nut pieces, raisins to make it richer.
Fry samosas in batches so that they are evenly cooked. Do not add too many at a time.
Go to Snack Recipes
page from Vegetable Samosa Recipe
Go to Vegetarian
Recipes Home from Vegetable Samosa Recipe