Garam Masala recipe - Indian spice mix
Garam Masala is an important part of the Indian spice box.
It is used in all
kinds of savory preparation, especially in North Indian cuisine.
It is used along with other spice mixes as well as by itself in
a dish. It is generally added to the dish at the end of cooking to retain the aroma of the spices.
It is mainly used in the North Indian cuisine. It is added to rice dishes, rotis such as
methi paratha. It is a must for the
curry dishes as well as savory
How to make Garam Masala
Garam masala ingredients
Ingredients For Garam Masala
- Dhania - Coriander seeds - 250 gms
- Jeera - Cumin seeds - 10 gms
- Kali mirch - Black pepper seeds - 10 gms
- Laung - Cloves - 10 gms
- Dalchini - Cinnamon - 10 gms
- Choti ilaychi - Green Cardamom - 10 gms
- Badi Ilaychi - Black cardamom - 2-3
- Saunf - Fennel seeds - 25 gms
- Khuskhus - Poppy seeds - 25 gms
- Jaiphal - Nutmeg - 10 gms
- Saunth - Dry ginger - 10 gms
- Tej patta - Bay leaf - 3-4
Preparing garam masala
- Roast all the ingredients separately using a few drops of oil.
- Cool completely.
- Grind to a fine powder. Sieve with a fine mesh if necessary.
Store into an airtight container.
You can use it for 6 months or more for making curries, snacks, rice, chaats etc.