Mint Chutney - Pudina Chutney
Indian Chutney Recipe
Mint chutney is a popular variety of chutney. Mint, a herb, is called 'Pudina' in Indian
Mint is easily available everywhere. It is also very easy to grow in a pot.
Apart from adding the lovely green color to the chutney, the Mint in it makes you feel fresh and helps digestion.
Mint - Pudina
You know that eating herbs is good for you. This pudina chutney recipe is a very
quick and easy recipe.
This pudina chutney recipe uses fresh grated coconut but you can omit
it if you wish.
If you omit coconut, adjust other ingredients
It can be served with Dosa,
Vegetable Samosa etc.
How to make Mint Chutney - Pudina chutney
Ingredients for Mint - Pudina chutney.
- Fresh coconut grated - 1 cup
- Fresh mint leaves - 1/2 cup
- Green chillies - 2 or more according to taste
- Fresh Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
- Fresh Coriander(cilantro)leaves - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon or according to taste
- Sugar - 1/4 teaspoon
- Lime juice - 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves(optional) - 4-5
Method to make mint - pudina chutney
- Mix all the ingredients and grind together to paste.
- Add a little water if needed.
Seasoning for mint - pudina chutney
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When they stop spluttring, add a pinch of asafetida .
- Add to chutney. Mix well.
Pudina Chutney is ready to serve and eat. This chutney can be kept in the fridge for a day.
When coconut is added, you will get a thicker consistency and
it can be served with
Akki rotti - Rice flour roti
It can also be made without coconut. Without coconut pudina chutney is served with Vegetable Samosa, vegetable cutlet etc.
Go to Chutney Recipes page from Mint Chutney
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Homepage