Raw Green Mango Chutney Recipe
Indian Chutney Recipe - Kairi chutney
This Mango Chutney
is made with raw green sour mangoes. It is a mixture of sour, sweet,
bitter and salty taste that is a great combination.
start of summer brings out the green mangoes in the market. If you have
a mango tree in your garden, you can
make this chutney in a jiffy.
This chutney is the highlight of the
You can make and keep this chutney in the fridge and use it when you want. A festival meal or an everyday snack, lunch,
dinner, this Indian chutney enhances the taste. The red chilies give a lovely color to this chutney which makes your meal
How to make Green Mango Chutney
Raw green Mango Aam - Kairi
Ingredients for Raw green mango chutney
- Raw Green sour Mango, peeled and grated - 1 cup
- dry(dessicated) coconut - 1/2 cup
- Red Dry chilies - 2-3 or more according to taste
- Fenugreek Seeds - ½ tea spoon
- Mustard Seeds - ½ tea spoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- Jaggery or Sugar - 1 tablespoon
Ingredients for tempering chutney
Oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida - a pinch
Making raw mango chutney
- Roast lightly, Fenugreek and mustard seeds.
- Grind coconut, roasted fenugreek and mustard seeds, salt and jaggery together to fine powder.
- Add grated mango and red chilies.
- Mix all the ingredients and grind together to paste(not too fine). Do not add any water. When sour mango is mixed with salt and jaggery, it will release some water.
- Make seasoning a
- Heat oil, add 1/4th teaspoon mustard seeds and 1/4th teaspoon cumin seeds.
- When they stop spluttering, add a pinch of asafetida.
Add to chutney. Mix well.
Green mango Chutney is ready to serve and eat.
Raw Green mango chutney with red chilies - Kairi ki chutney
- It is good to eat for 3-4 days if kept outside.
- You can keep it in the fridge and use it for 2 weeks.
- Choose mangoes that are a little sour. And also use more or less jaggery accordingly.
You can use this chutney as a sandwich spread.
Kairi chutney is
usually served with Indian breads such as