Mango Pickle Recipe - Spicy pickle
Spicy Hot Indian Pickle Recipe
This finger licking good Mango pickle is a favorite of many. In India, as mangoes
are available only during the summer season, housewives are busy
pickles and other mango based items.
As soon as the small raw mangoes appear in the market, people start making the
pickles to use immediately as they don't want to wait till the big pickle mangoes appear. This pickle is for immediate consumption.
Later on, when the pickle mango variety is available, the pickle is made
in large quantities to last till the next year.
More care should be taken as you want to keep it good for a long time.
New mango pickle
Raw green mango pickle
This pickle is made to use for the whole year, that is till the next mango season
Though here only 2 mangoes are used, you may make them in the quantity you are likely to need.
Though I make pickle in small quantity at the start of the season, I make a lot at the end of the season so that it will last for a year.
Choose raw green mangoes for pickle
For this pickle, use raw sour green mangoes.
The mangoes should be tight, not soft or
Wash them thoroughly and dry them well. Any remaining moisture
may spoil the pickle.
How to make Mango Pickle
Main Ingredients for mango pickle:
Raw green mangoes
Red chili powder
- Raw sour mangoes - 2 No.
- Red chili powder - 1 table spoon
- Salt - 2 table
- Mustard seeds (rai) - 1 teaspoon
- fenugreek (methi) seeds - 1/2
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing) - 1/2 teaspoon
Preparation before making pickle
All the ingredients should be dry.
- Roast lightly fenugreek seeds.
- Grind the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds together to make powder.
- Oil - for seasoning - 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder(haldi) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida - 1/4 teaspoon
Heat Oil in a small pan
- Add Mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add turmeric powder, asafoetida (hing)
- Take off the fire and keep aside to cool to room temperature.
- Cool completely before adding to pickle
Making Mango Pickle:
- Cut mangoes in your desired size pieces.
- Mix together mangoes, salt, red chili powder, fenugreek and mustard powder, turmeric and asafetida.
- Mix well and fill in dry airtight bottle.
- Add the cooled seasoning
- Shake the bottle/mixture everyday with a dry spoon once per day for about 15 days.
raw green mango pickle
Pickle is ready to eat after about 10 days. But if you like the taste of raw mangoes, you may start eating it within 2-3
days. That tastes good too.
Serve with any dish such as snacks, rice, roti, poori etc.
Pickle Recipes from Mango pickle recipe page
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Home from Mango Pickle recipe