Mango Lassi Recipe - Sweet Lassi
Mango Lassie - Indian mango/yogurt drink
love mangoes and I love this mango Lassi Recipe. Mangoes are available
only during summer season, I use them, raw mangoes as well as ripe
mangoes in my cooking.
Raw Mango Chutney ,
Mango rice and
Kairi Panha(raw mango drink),
all made with raw mango are inseparable part of the summer cooking.
Raw mangoes with
a little salt and chili powder or black pepper powder are quite yummy though they make your teeth sour.
Mango lassie - Mango smoothie
Ripe mangoes are eaten by themselves or many dishes are made with them.
deserts and sweets are made with ripe mangoes such as aamras, amrakhand, mango ice cream, mango kalakand, mango burfi etc.
This mango lassi recipe is one such ripe mango recipe. Mango Lassi is also Spelt as Mango Lassie.
Mango lassi is a quick recipe. It is a very satisfying cool drink in the hot summer
It can be served as a snack or along with or after dinner.
It is a nutritious drink.
There is no artificial flavor or color added to this.
The mangoes you choose give it a natural flavor and color. So
choose your mangoes with care.
Select only ripe and sweet mangoes.
You may not need to
use sugar at all when the mangoes are very sweet.
You may also use canned-tinned mangoes for this mango lassie recipe.
You may use the ready mango pulp too.
You can squeeze out the pulp from the mangoes or can cut it in the way shown in the image to take out the pulp.
How to make Mango Lassie
Main ingredients to make mango lassie
Plain yogurt - curd - dahi
Ingredients to make to 2-3 glasses of mango lassie
- Ripe Mango pieces or pulp - 2 cups
- Fresh curd (plain yogurt - dahi) - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1tbsp, more or less according to taste.
- milk (optional) - 1/2 cup
- Ice cubes as required.
- salt - a tiny pinch
- pepper powder - a tiny pinch
How to cut ripe mango
Wash mangoes and wipe with a clean cloth.
Mango sides cut and into squares
Cut mango sides into a slice as shown in the image.
Cut the pulp into squares.
Chopped mango cubes
Cut the squares into a bowl or a plate.
In the image, you can see ripe mango pieces from two mango side slices.
Making mango lassie:
- Put the mango pieces, sugar, curd, salt and pepper(if adding) in the blender.
- Blend till it becomes smooth.
- Add milk (if adding). Blend again till frothy.
- Add ice cubes or chill and serve.
- Fill tall glasses with lassi.
Top with vanilla or mango ice cream or a few pieces of mango. Serve chilled.
- To make mango lassi choose ripe, sweet and pulpy mangoes.
- Use fresh, naturally sweet curd (yogurt).
- Adding milk makes the lassi more frothy and thick.
- You may add water along with or instead of milk. But
remember, ripe mango lassi tastes better with milk.
- Sugar quantity will depend on the sweetness of mangoes, freshness and sweetness of the curd. And also on
your sweet tooth. I usually do not add any sugar/sweetener to mango lassi.
- You may add a scoop of ice cream while blending too. Tastes great and gives good consistency.
- Mango lassi stays in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Related Pages to visit:
More mango recipes
More lassi recipes:
More drink recipes
You might like these
Green Mango Chutney is a spicy, sour and sweetish Indian chutney recipe. It is called as kairi chutney in indian language.
Mango recipes, raw green mango recipes, ripe mango recipes. Recipes for mango pickle, mango lassi, mango rice, aamras, Gulamba etc. Aam recipes, amba recipes, mavinkai, mavin hannu
मेथांबा - Step by step instructions to make Methamba, maharashtrian raw green mango relish recipe. Summer recipe made with raw mango. Serve with chapati, rice, dosa etc.
Click on the Quick links below to go to the section.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.