Mango milkshake Recipe
Indian Fruit and milk drink
love mangoes and I love this mango milkshake Recipe. mango milkshake
is a quick and easy recipe.
Mango milkshake is a very satisfying cool drink in the hot summer
afternoon. It can be served as a snack or along with or after dinner. It
is a filling, nutritious drink.
Mango is the king of fruits in India. Many mango varieties are available
during the summer months. Mangoes are available starting from the month
of March or April, to the month of August.
Ripe Mango milkshake
Using pulpy, sweet mangoes enhances the taste of any mango recipe. You may use Alphanso, Raspuri etc. for making this mango milkshake. Avoid using mango variety where you find lot of threads.
I have some excess ripe mangoes, I use them to make this mango
milkshake. A slightly over ripe mangoes also may be used.
Mangos are eaten by themselves or many deserts and sweets are made
with ripe mango such as mango ice cream, mango burfi etc.
This mango milkshake recipe is one such ripe mango recipe.
You may use fresh or frozen mangoes for this milkshake.
There is no artificial flavor or color added to this. The mango you choose give it a natural flavor and color.
So choose your mango with care.
Select only ripe and sweet mango.
You may use plain milk or homemade or store bought vanilla flavored milk to make this mango milkshake.
If you are looking to make a drink with green raw mango, go to the kairi panha recipe
How to make mango milkshake - Indian mango drink
Ingredients to make to 2 glasses of mango milkshake
Ripe pulpy mangoes
- Ripe mango pieces - 1 cup
- Plain milk or flavored milk- 1 cup
- Ice cubes as required.
- Mango pieces for toppings - as desired
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar or honey - 1tbsp, more or less according to taste.
How to cut ripe mango
Wash mangoes and wipe with a clean cloth.
Mango sides cut and into squares
Cut mango sides into a slice as shown in the image.
Cut the pulp into squares.
Chopped mango cubes
Cut the squares into a bowl or a plate.
In the image, you can see ripe mango pieces from two mango side slices.
Making mango milkshake
- Put the mango pieces, sugar(if using), 1/2 cup milk in the blender.
Blend till it becomes smooth.
- Add remaining milk. Blend again till
- Add ice cubes and blend some more.
- Fill tall
glasses with milkshake.
- Add a few slices of mango on the top and
sprinkle with cardamom powder and serve chilled.
Tips for mango milkshake
- To make mango milkshake choose ripe, sweet mangoes. That way you
will not need to add any sugar or may need to add only a little sugar. I
usually do not add any sugar.
- You may use store bought or homemade mango pulp or preserved mangoes to make this milkshake.
- Sugar quantity will depend on the sweetness of mango, freshness and
sweetness of the flavored milk if you are adding it. And also on your
- Add more milk if you like slightly thinner milkshake.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon powder while blending if you like the flavor.
- Top with vanilla or mango ice cream or a few pieces of mango.
- Instead of sugar, you may add any other sweetener such as bee's honey, date syrup, maple syrup etc. according to taste.
- You may add a scoop of ice cream while blending too. Tastes great and gives good consistency.
You might like these
Green Mango Chutney is a spicy, sour and sweetish Indian chutney recipe. It is called as kairi chutney in indian language.
Mango recipes, raw green mango recipes, ripe mango recipes. Recipes for mango pickle, mango lassi, mango rice, aamras, Gulamba etc. Aam recipes, amba recipes, mavinkai, mavin hannu
मेथांबा - Step by step instructions to make Methamba, maharashtrian raw green mango relish recipe. Summer recipe made with raw mango. Serve with chapati, rice, dosa etc.
Click on the Quick links below to go to the section.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.