Banana Lassi Recipe - Sweet Lassi
Indian Fruit and yogurt drink
love bananas and I love this banana Lassi Recipe. Banana lassi is a
quick recipe. It is a very satisfying cool drink in the hot summer
It can be served as a snack or along with or after dinner. It
is a nutritious drink.
Whenever I have some excess ripe bananas, I use them to make this banana lassi. A slightly over ripe bananas also may be used.
Bananas are eaten by themselves or many deserts and sweets are made
with ripe banana such as banana ice cream, banana burfi etc.
This banana lassie recipe is one such ripe banana recipe.
You may use fresh or frozen banana for this lassi.
There is no artificial flavor or color added to this. The banana you choose give it a natural flavor and color.
So choose your banana with care. Select only ripe and sweet banana.
You may use homemade or store bought plain or vanilla flavored yogurt (curd - dahi).
to make banana Lassi - Indian banana yogurt drink
Ingredients to make to 2-3 glasses of banana lassie
- Ripe banana pieces - 1 cup
- sweet fresh curd (plain yogurt) - 1 cup
- 1tbsp, more or less according to taste.
- milk or water - 1/2 cup
cubes as required.
- banana pieces for toppings - 5-6
- cardamom powder or
vanilla essence (optional) - 1/4 tsp
Making banana lassie
- Put the banana pieces, sugar, curd/yogurt in the blender. Blend till it becomes smooth.
- Add milk. Blend again till frothy.
- Add ice cubes or chill and serve.
- Fill tall glasses with lassi. Add a few slices of banana on the top and sprinkle with cardamom powder and serve chilled.
- Add a pinch of cinamon powder while blending if you like the flavor.
You may add cardamom powder or vanilla essence while blending lassi
instead of while serving.
- Top with vanilla or banana ice cream or a few
pieces of banana.
- To make banana lassi choose ripe, sweet bananas.
fresh, naturally sweet curd (yogurt).
- Adding milk makes the lassi more
frothy and thick. You may add water along with or instead of milk. But
remember, milk tastes better with lassi.
- Sugar quantity will depend on the
sweetness of banana, freshness and sweetness of the curd. And also on
your sweet tooth.
- You may add a scoop of ice cream while blending too.
Tastes great and gives good consistency.