Easy Eggless banana cake recipe
Easy eggless banana cake recipe. Bananas are very nutritious and this is another way
to add fruits to your diet. Serve it as a desert or a snack.
We need ripe bananas for this cake. So you need not throw out overripe bananas. You may use them in this cake.
How to make Easy eggless banana cake
Main ingredients for Eggless Banana cake
Plain flour - Maida
Sugar - shakkar - sakkare
Ingredients for eggless Banana cake for 8-10 pieces
- Ripe bananas - 2 or 3
- Milk - 1/2 cup or as needed
- Sugar - 3/4 cup, less or more according to taste and the sweetness of your chosen bananas.
(plain flour) - 1 1/2cup
- Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup or 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
soda - 1 1/4 tsp
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chopped nuts - 1 tbsp
- Nutmeg grated -
- vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Step by step instructions to make eggless banana cake
- Peel and chop bananas in a mixing bowl. Mash the bananas with a fork or a hand blender.
- Add sugar to the bananas and mix well.
- Add oil or butter and mix well. (Butter should be at room temperature).
- Sieve together maida/plain flour and baking soda.
- Add the maida flour to the banana mix one table spoon at a time and mix slowly.
- Do not over mix as then the cake may become hard or chewy.
- Do not add all the flour together. Add milk as needed. Do not add all the milk together.
- The mixture should be thick.
- Add the nuts, nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Pre heat oven at 375F(190C).
- Grease a baking cake dish. Put the mixture in it and tap the tin to remove air bubbles, if any.
- Smoothen the top.
- Add additional chopped nuts and raisins on the top if you wish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Test the doneness of the cake at 35 minutes by inserting a knife
in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Switch the oven off and leave the cake in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake pan from the oven. Cool a little.
- Loosen the edges with a knife. Place a plate on the top and turn the pan upside down. Let cool for some time.
Banana cake - kela cake is ready to eat.
Decorate with icing if you wish. But this cake is good even without any icing.
Cut in wedges or slices and serve warm or cold. Makes 8-10 pieces.
Store in a airtight container.
Tips and variations
Use ripe bananas. Overripe bananas are good too to use.
You may keep the banana cake at room temperature for 2-3 days. If you are planning to keep it longer, keep in the fridge in an airtight container.
Banana cake is good to eat for a week, if it lasts that long. In my house, it gets over within 2-3 days.
You might like these
Ripe mango sheera - Ambyacha sheera is a Indian sweet recipe. Make for breakfast or as dessert. Made during summer when ripe mangoes are available in plenty.
Aamras, Indian mango puree is a Summer special dish. Commonly made in Mahatashtra. Amras is served with Poori, chapati for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or as a dessert.
This yeast free Naan bread recipe is an easy recipe. A popular indian bread recipe.
Click on the Quick links below to go to the section.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.