Strawberry Lassi Recipe - Sweet Lassi
smoothie - strawberry fruit and yogurt drink
love strawberries and I love this strawberry Lassi Recipe. Strawberry
lassi or strawberry smoothie is a quick recipe.
It is a very satisfying cool drink in the hot
summer afternoon. It can be served as a snack or along with or after
dinner. It is a nutritious drink.
Whenever strawberries are available, I use them to make this strawberry lassi.
Strawberries are eaten by themselves or many deserts and sweets are
made with ripe strawberries such as strawberry ice cream, strawberry
This strawberry lassie recipe is one such ripe strawberry recipe.
You may use fresh or frozen strawberries for this lassi. You may also
use strawberry pulp or puree if fresh strawberries are not available.
There is no artificial flavor or color added to this. The strawberries you choose give it a natural flavor and color.
So choose your strawberries with care. Select only ripe and sweet strawberries.
You may also use canned / tinned strawberries for this strawberry lassie recipe. You may not need to
use sugar at all. You may use the ready strawberry pulp too.
How to make strawberry Lassi
Ingredients to make to 2-3 glasses of strawberry lassie
- Ripe strawberry pieces or pulp - 1 cup
- sweet fresh curd (plain yogurt) - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1tbsp, more or less according to taste.
- milk - 1/2 cup
- Ice cubes as required.
- Strawberry pieces for toppings - 5-6
Making strawberry lassie:
- Put the strawberry pieces, sugar, curd/yogurt in the blender.
- Blend till it becomes smooth.
- Add milk. Blend again till frothy.
- Add ice cubes or chill and serve.
- Fill tall glasses with lassi. Add a few slices of strawberries on the top and serve.
- Serve chilled.
- Top with vanilla or strawberry ice cream or a few pieces of strawberry.
- To make strawberry lassi choose ripe, sweet strawberries. Sour strawberries may curdle the milk.
- Use fresh, naturally sweet curd (yogurt).
- Adding milk makes the lassi more frothy and thicker.
- You may add water along with or instead of milk. But
remember, lassi tastes better with milk.
- Sugar quantity will depend on the sweetness of strawberries, freshness and sweetness of the curd. And also on
your sweet tooth.
- You may add a scoop of ice cream while blending too. Tastes great and gives good consistency.
Enjoy your strawberry smoothie - lassi.
Go to Drink Recipes from strawberry lassi recipe
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Homepage from strawberry Lassi Recipe