This Kairi Panha Recipe is also referred to as aam panha or aam panna. This recipe comes to you from Maharashtra, a western Indian state.
'Kairi Panhe' or 'Kairiche pahne' is a maharashtrian name for this raw mango drink.
'raw mango' in marathi language. 'Aam(mango) Panna' is a Hindi name for
The hot summer makes you long for a cool satisfying drink.
Instead of drinking some artificially flavored and sugar filled drink, try this raw mango drink.
Kairi panha that will not only quench your thirst but also make you feel cool in the hot summer. It is a great refreshing drink.
Look at the lovely inviting natural color of kairi panha in the left picture. I have added gud - jaggary.
Mangoes are available in plenty only in the summer months and the raw mango drink can be made in March and April when the raw mangoes are available.
You can make it into thick pulp and keep in the fridge and use it for a month or so.
After March and April, the mangoes ripen and you can make the ripe mango drinks such as mango milkshake or mango lassi
Tips and variations:
There are 5 ways given below to cook raw mangoes to get pulp. Use the one you find convenient.
1. You can pressure cook mangoes. It will take the same time as rice. Cool the mangoes. Remove the skin (it comes off easily) and the seed. Use the pulp.
2. Boil whole green mangoes - Put mangoes in a pot. Fill with water and bring to boil. Let boil for 10-15 minutes. Discard the water. Cool the mangoes and peel carefully. Remove seed. Use the pulp.
3. Boil peeled mango - Peel mango using a peeler or a knife.Boil in water till just done as above. It will take about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the mango. Cool and squeeze the seed out of the mango. Blend the pieces along with water to pulp.
4. Boil mango pieces - Peel and cut mangoes in pieces and boil the pieces. Cool and blend in blender. You can use the water in which the mangoes were boiled.
5. Cook green mango in microwave -
Peel green mango. Cut off the chunks of mango into large pieces.
Discard seed. Put the pieces in a microwave safe bowl. Add a little water.
Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or till the the mango pieces are cooked soft.
Cool and blend in blender. You can use the water in which the mangoes were boiled.
Hope you make use of this kairi panha recipe this summer.
Mar 16, 18 08:48 AM
Vangyache kaap shallow fried brinjal recipe, Maharashtrian cuisine, eggplant recipe for side dish for lunch or snack
Mar 12, 18 01:16 AM
Find here instructions about how to clean and prepare cauliflower before cooking. Cleaning cauliflower is necessary as cauliflower may contain small insects, worms along with dirt.
Feb 23, 18 11:15 PM
Kabuli Chana is also known as Chickpeas or garbanzo beans in English. Generally we find curries using lots of fats; oil, butter or ghee. This chickpea