Aloo Bonda - Batata Vada - Potato Bonda
Potato recipe - Spicy Indian Snack Recipe
Aloo bonda Batata vada
is a very tasty and spicy indian snack recipe. There are a few
this alu bonda recipe. This recipe is one of the easiest.
bonda is a yummy irresistible anytime snack. It is a favorite of many
all over India.
A rainy afternoon, a kitty party or a dinner party or just because you
want it, alu bonda is popular.
Aloo bonda - Batata vada - Alu bonda
Made with potatoes and besan (chickpea flour), it is a comfort food and is known as aloo
or alu bonda (Kannada) or batata vada or batata wada(Marathi).
You can also put this vada in between a bun or a pav and it becomes the yummy Vada pav.
Serve it with garlic chutney. It is popular in the western state of Maharashtra.
If you have some boiled potatoes ready, you can make it within a few minutes. You can
serve it with coconut chutney / mint chutney / date and tamarind sweet chutney or tomato ketchup or tomato sauce.
to make Aloo bonda - Batata Vada - Potato Bonda
Ingredients for Aloo bonda Stuffing
- Aloo (Potatoes)- 2 large - Boiled and Mashed roughly.
- Coriander leaves- 1tbsp, finely chopped
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Garlic(optional) 2-3 cloves - chopped finely or made into paste
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilies - 2 or more according to taste. chopped finely or made into paste
Ingredients for batter
- Besan(Gram flour-chickpea flour)-1 cup
- Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp or to taste
- Water - to make batter.Salt - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, add turmeric powder, gram flour, chili powder and salt and mix well.
- Add a little water at a time and prepare batter of thick pouring consistency. The consistency of the batter
should be like dosa(pancake).
Making Aloo Bonda stuffing
Put mashed aloo (potato) in a bowl.
- Add green chilies, salt, chili powder and coriander. Mix them well.
- Make lime sized balls and Keep aside. You may flatten the balls slightly if you wish.
Frying Aloo Bonda - Batata Vada
Heat oil in a deep pan. When it is hot, put 1 tbsp hot oil in the batter. mix batter well.
- Dip the potato mixture balls into the batter and put them carefully in the hot oil.
- Fry till they become golden brown.
- Aloo Bonda is ready.
Serve hot with coconut garlic chutney or tomato ketchup.
Go to Snack Recipes from Aloo Bonda Batata vada
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Home from Aloo Bonda Batata vada