Crispy Fried Chickpeas Recipe
Crunchy roasted Chickpeas
Crispy Fried Chickpeas / crunchy roasted chickpeas
are a more nutritious snack than potato chips or many other fried
Chickpeas are healthier and tasty too. You can use chickpeas in many
recipes but this is one of the easiest.
If you love chickpeas and How to cook chickpeas in a different way? is your question, you may find this
white chickpeas - Garbanzo beans - kabuli chana
You may use dry chickpeas or canned chickpeas. For both the preparation process will be a little different.
If you are using the dry chickpeas, you will need to soak and pre cook your chickpeas.
For step by stem instructions to soak dry chickpeas and cook them, go to How to cook chickpeas first.
If you have precooked chickpeas in your fridge or you are using canned chickpeas, you are ready to start the next steps.
How to make Crispy Fried Chickpeas
Ingredients for Crispy fried chickpeas
- Cooked Chickpeas - 1 cup
- Vegetable oil - 1 cup for frying.
- salt - 1 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Black Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder(optional) - 1/4 tsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- sugar(optional) - 1/4 tsp
Preparation before making fried garbanzo beans - chickpeas - Kabuli chana
If you are using dry chickpeas, soak and cook chickpeas. Follow the instructions given on How to cook chickpeas.
Spread drained chickpeas on a cloth for drying for an hour or so and then use as given below.
- Heat oil in a pan. Reduce heat.
- Add 1/2 cup chickpeas. Fry on low flame till just done. For about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove and Drain well.
- Fry the remaining chickpeas in the same way. Sprinkle salt and spice powders and mix well.
Fried chickpeas are ready to eat.
Tips and variations - Serving suggestions for fried chickpeas
- Serve hot or cold. You can store and use these fried chickpeas for more than a week.
- Fried chickpeas are good to eat at a snack or as a side dish for any meal.Generally it gets eaten fast.
- You may add only black pepper powder or only red chili powder. The color and taste will change accordingly.
- If you wish, you may add a little bit of both, red chili powder and black pepper powder. This tastes great too.
- You may add garlic powder or onion powder or cinnamon powder according to your choice
- Add lime juice and cilantro just before serving. Mix well.
- You may also add finely chopped onions, chopped tomato, chaat masala just before serving.
Go to chickpea recipes
Go to Snack Recipes
Go to Vegetarian
Recipes Homepage from Fried Chickpeas