Eggless Chocolate Mousse Recipe
by Vmmi malhotra
This yummy eggless chocolate mousse recipe is easy to make.
It is convenient as you can make it in advance and serve it later. It tastes great chilled well.
The coffee adds extra taste and flavor.
Make it on a weekend for your family or for your guests.
How to make chocolate mousse
Ingredients for chocolate mousse
one chocolate bar
Butter – 2 tablespoons
Brewed coffee – 2 tablespoons
cold heavy whipped cream – 1 cup
Pure vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
Method to make chocolate mousse
1. Cut or break the chocolate bar into pieces.
2. Put the chocolate bar pieces, butter and coffee in heat proof bowl.
3. Put a saucepan or double boiler on the stove. Pour in some water and heat till it starts simmering (not boiling). Put the bowl containing chocolate on top of simmering water. Make sure that water is not touching to the bottom of the top bowl containing chocolate. Melt the chocolate while stirring continuously. After chocolate is melted, remove the top bowl from double boiler and keep aside to let it cool completely for about 15-20 minutes or longer.
4. Take cold heavy whipping cream in a bowl.
5. Whip the cream till you get soft peaks using hand mixer or stand mixer.
6. Add vanilla extract to the cream.
7. Whip it
again. But now don’t whip too much.
8. Take out a little amount of whipped cream in a small bowl and keep it in refrigerator to chill. This we will use for garnishing just before serving.
9. Now mix the remaining whipped cream in the chocolate mixture a little at a time.
10. Mix the chocolate mixture and whipped cream properly without deflating it.
11. Add some more whipped cream and fold it in.
12. Pour it in a bowl or glass.
13. Keep that glass or bowl in refrigerator to chill.
14. After 2-3 hours take the bowl out from refrigerator and now put a spoonful of the whipped cream from the small bowl which you had kept earlier for garnishing in refrigerator.
15. Garnish it with chocolate flakes/ grated chocolate.
16. Serve it as a dessert / sweet dish after dinner or in the evening .
Variations you can make
a. You can use homemade malai(milk cream) also instead of whipped cream.
b. Use rum, brandy or your favorite liqueur for flavoring if you wish.
c. You may use instant coffee instead of brewed coffee.
d. You may use eggs if you wish.
Recipes by Vimmi Malhotra:Punjabi style aloo ka parathaCreamy chocolate milkshakeRava chilla sandwichMacaroni sandwichKara kuzambu - Spicy sambar - South Indian RecipeEggless chocolate mousse