bhurji recipe - Paneer recipes
Indian cottage cheese Recipe
Paneer bhurji recipe is the easiest and the fastest among the paneer recipes. I make it at least once a week as
my daughter loves it.
It is a good accompaniment to take it for lunch with chapati, paratha, naan etc. it can also be used as a
sandwich spread for grilled sandwich.
Paneer is also referred to as paneer cheese. You may make the paneer at home or buy the ready made
How to make paneer bhurji - bhurjee at home
Main ingredients for paneer bhurji
Paneer - Indian Cottage cheese
Red ripe tomatoes
Onions - Pyaj - Kanda
Ingredients for paneer bhurji to serve 2-3
- Paneer - 200 gms
- Onion - 1/2 cut chopped fine
- Tomato - 1/2 cup chopped
- Capsicum(optional) - 1/4 cup cubed
- Green chili - 1 chopped
- Red chili powder - a pinch or according to taste
- Ginger paste - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp or to taste
- Garam masala -1/2 tsp
- Fresh Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
Step by step instructions to make paneer bhurji
If you are using homemade paneer, you can crumble it with your fingers
easily. If you are using the store
bought paneer, you may grate it with a large hole grater.
Heat oil in a thick bottom pan.
- Add cumin seeds. When they stop
spluttering, add chopped onion.
- Stir and let the onions cook till they
- Add chopped capsicums. Cook for a minute.
- Add chopped
green chilies, ginger paste. Keep stirring.
- Add tomatoes and let cook
for about 2 minutes.
- Add the crumbled paneer.
- Add garam masala, salt and
red chili powder (if adding).
- Mix well
and cook for a minute.
- Add chopped coriander leaves. Take off flame.
Serve hot or cold with
Do not add any water to this dish. It is supposed to be a little dry.
green peas if you wish
You may add garlic paste or chopped garlic to
this if you wish. Add it along with ginger.
You may add both green chili
and red chili powder or omit one if you wish. Add more or less chili according
to your taste.