Methi pulav - Fenugreek rice recipe
Methi pulao is Indian rice recipe
Methi pulav, fenugreek rice recipe or methi pulao is a quick and easy meal recipe as it cooks
in less than 30 minutes. This methi rice is a one-dish meal.
You know methi is packed with nutrition and you should add the greens in your regular diet.
If you are looking for a recipe using methi, you can try this methi rice recipe.
I always use fresh methi leaves, as methi is easily available.
In case fresh methi leaves are not available where you live, you may use the dried methi leaves, also known as kasuri methi.
You may use basmati rice or any other rice according to your choice.
How to make methi Rice - methi pulav / pulao
Ingredients for methi rice to make 3-4 servings
Fresh methi - fenugreek leaves
- Rice - 1 cup
- Methi leaves - 1 cup
- Green chili - chopped or ground to paste - 1 or more according to taste.
- Salt - to taste
- Water - 2 cups.
- Pulao Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable Oil or butter - 2 tbsp
Preparation before cooking
- Ginger/garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Onion (optional) chopped - 1/2 cup
- Fresh green peas (optional) - 1/2 cup
- Wash rice until water runs clean and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Wash methi leaves and chop them finely. Or you may puree them if you wish.
Cooking fenugreek rice - methi pulav
- In a pan, heat oil/butter.
- Add chopped onions if adding and fry until transparent.
- Add green chili, ginger/garlic paste. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add pulao masala, fry for a few seconds.
- Add water. When it starts boiling, add rice, peas, chopped methi. Stir well and cover.
- Cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Add salt and mix well. Cover and cook again till just done. Do not let the rice become too soft.
- When it is almost done, switch off the flame and leave it covered for 5 minutes.
- You can serve this by itself.
- Serve hot with vegetable curry, pickles, green salad, and a cup of
yoghurt.You can serve with any one or all of the accompaniments.
- You can store this rice in the fridge for 2-3 days. Just reheat and eat.
- In Indian languages, as methi is known as methi and this rice dish
may be referred to as methi rice, methipulao, methi pulao, methi
chawal, methi chaval, methi bhaat.
- Pulav masala is available from different companies such as Everest, MDH, Lala's etc.
Related Pages to visit:
More Spinach - Palak Recipes
More Rice Recipes
Go to Spinach - Palak recipes from Spinach rice - Palak pulav
Go to vegetable recipes from Spinach rice recipe - Palak pulav
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Site Home Page from Spinach rice recipe - Palak rice