Beetroot raita recipe
Beetroot with Curd / Yogurt recipe
raita recipe is an curd-yogurt recipe. It is one of the easy Indian
It is easy and does not take very long time. Beetroot or beet has many
nutritional benefits. It is good for digestion. It helps in dealing with
the problems of constipation.
Curd and beet root are good for digestion.
It adds a lovely color to your meal along with nutrition.
This beet raita is a good addition to a party meal.
Use tender beets for best taste. You can use raw beetroot or cooked
beetroot for this raita. I am using raw beetroot today in this recipe.
How to make beetroot raita
Ingredients for beetroot raita
- Tender beetroot - 1 medium
- Fresh yogurt - 1 cup
- Table salt or rock salt - 1/4 tsp or according to taste
- Fresh Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
You may add these optional ingredients for variation to this raita. Tempering is optional.
- Onion, chopped fine - 1 tbsp
- carrot, finely grated - 1 tbsp
- Roasted peanut powder - 1/ tbsp
- Chopped garlic - 1 clove
- Green chili, chopped finely - 1
- Vegetable oil - 1 tsp
- Jeera (cumin seeds) - 1/2 tsp
Preparation to do before making beetroot raita
- Wash and peel the beetroot using a peeler or a knife
- Grate beet using a small hole grater
- Chop coriander leaves finely.
Making beetroot raita
- Take the fresh yogurt in a bowl and beat lightly.
- Add grated beetroot, salt and pepper powder, chopped cilantro leaves.
- Add any of the optional ingredients.
- Heat oil in a small pan.
- Add jeera (cumin seed). Let them splutter. Take off the stove.
- Cool a little and add to raita. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer till mealtime.
Beetroot raita is ready to serve.
Tips and Serving suggestions
You may serve it as a healthy breakfast accompaniment with a whole wheat bread toast.
You may also serve it as a accompaniment for any rice, roti, paratha.
It is a good dish to serve for a party as you can make it in advance.
The lovely pink color of this dish looks great. Serve it as a dip with vegetable sticks or bread sticks.
Go to beetroot recipes
Go to Raita recipes
From Beet raita recipe
Go to vegetable recipes
From Beetroot raita recipe
Go to Vegetarian Recipes
Site Home From Beetroot raita recipe