Beetroot Salad Recipe
Indian salad recipe
This variation of beetroot salad is easier and faster. You can also use another way to make
this recipe, choose a nice tender red beetroot for this salad. If
you are on a raw vegetable diet, you will enjoy this beet salad.
Beet - Beetroot
to make raw beetroot Salad - Indian salad recipe
Ingredients for beet salad to serve 3
- Grated beet - 2 cups
- Salt - 1/4th teaspoon
- fresh grated coconut - 2 tablespoons
- sugar - 1/4th teaspoon
- lime juice - 1 teaspoon.
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
Ingredients for Seasoning:
- Oil - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Green or Red chili (optional) - 1 or 2 according to taste, slit in two.
Make Seasoning :
- Add mustard and cumin seeds. When they stop crackling, add chili pieces.
- Add asafoetida.
- Take off fire. Let cool.
Final mixing for beet salad:
In a salad bowl, add grated beet, salt, sugar, coconut, coriander leaves, lime juice. Mix well.
- Add the cooled seasoning. Mix well again.
Serve immediately or Cool in fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
You can serve this as a healthy snack or with
Steamed rice or
Go to Salad Recipes
page from Beetroot Salad Page
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Home
Page from Beetroot Salad - Indian salad recipe