Beet Salad - Beetroot Recipe
Beet salad is a very easy to make salad. I love the color of this salad. In addition to that beetroot is
Beet is a negative calorie food. It helps you in reducing weight if you
use it regularly in a healthy way. This salad, I love it. I am sure you
will like it too.
Add beetroot to your everyday meals or as frequently as possible. you
will find different ways to cook beets
on this site. Have fun and be healthy.
How to make Beet Salad
Ingredients for beet salad to serve 3
- beetroot - 250 gms(2 medium size)
- Roasted and powdered peanuts - 2 table spoons.
- Salt - 1/4th teaspoon
- fresh grated coconut - 2 tablespoons
- sugar - 1/4 th teaspoon
- lime juice - 1 teaspoon.
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
Ingredients for Seasoning:
Oil - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Green or Red chilli - 1 or 2 according to taste, slit in two.
- Curry leaves - 4-5
Making beet salad
Cooking Method :
Wash the beets and remove the stems.
- Boil 3-4 cups of
water in a pan. Add the beets. Cook till beetroots are just done. It will take about 10-12 minutes depending on the size of your beetroot. For quick cooking, you may steam beets in a pressure cooker.
- Switch off the flame. Cool the beetroots.
- Remove the skin. It will come off easily.
- Chop the beets in small pieces or in long sticks as you wish.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds to the hot oil. When they stop crackling, add chili pieces.
- Add asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add chopped beet, salt, sugar, peanut powder, coconut, coriander
leaves, lime juice. Mix well.
- Add Take off fire. Keep covered.
Serve hot or Cool in fridge for 30 minutes and serve.
You may cook beetroot in the pressure cooker instead of boiling it.
You can omit the seasoning if you wish.
Add 1/4 tsp black pepper powder if you wish.
You can omit green chili and Add 1/4 tsp black pepper powder instead.