Sev Khamani - split chickpea steamed snack
by Pallavi Yarde
(Indore, M.P., India)
Ingredients for KhamaniI
Begal Gram(split chickpeas) - 1 Cup
Ginger - a small piece
jeera (cumin seeds) - 1/2 tsp
Raw mango - 1
Chili - 6-7 according to taste
curry leaves 10-15
rai(mustard seeds)- 1/2 tsp
salt - 1 tsp or to taste
oil - 1 tbsp
Red chillies - 1-2Procedure to make khamani:
- Soak gram for 5 hrs. and grind it with geera(cumin), chili, ginger.
- Take a Bowl, grease it with oil and put the batter with salt into the bowl.
- Steam the batter for 15 minutes in pressure cooker till it is cooked well.
- It will get converted into cake form. Take a large holed chhanani (a metal sieve, which is used for Gehu/wheat) use its back side and rub that cake over it and grate. We get the soft powder sort of mixture.
- Grate the raw mango add it to the mixture. Heat oil into the Pan, add rai(mustard seeds, red chili, curry leaves and put that tempering on the grated mixture.
Garnish the dish with fresh chopped coriander leaves(cilantro), pudina(mint) leaves, barik(fine) sev( and lemon flicks.
Its the "Khamani"