Sabudana Vada Recipe
by Ridhi Sahu
This sabudana vada recipe is a variation of the traditional sabudana vada, a sago recipe from Maharashtra.
Make it for breakfast or as a evening snack.
The traditional sabudana vada is made for 'Upvas', vrat, a fasting day when the everyday foods such as rice and chapati are not consumed.
And also, onion and garlic also are not eaten on fasting day as they are a part of 'tamasic' food.
This recipe contains onions. So you can make it on non-fasting days.
How to make sabudana vada
Ingredients for sabudana vada
- sabudana - 1 cup, soaked overnight in water
- onion - 1 big, chopped
- green chillies - 2-3, more or less according to taste
- potatoes - 2-3 - boiled
- maida(plain flour) - a little, about 1 tsp or as required for binding
- salt and pepper according to taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
Method to make sabudana vada:
- Mix all the above ingredients with boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Divide into equal portions to make small balls
- Press the balls to flatten a little if you wish.
- Deep fry in hot oil till crisp
- Sabudana vada will be ready
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with chutney.
You may use green chili paste or chopped green chilies instead of black pepper powder.
Enjoy Sabudana Vada with chutney or tomato sauce.