Rawa Khaman Dhokla Recipe
See if you can resist this Rawa Khaman Dhokla. Just look at the dhokla picture below. Your mouth is bound to water.
Dhokla is a popular Gujrati dish.
Dhokla is usually made with besan - chickpea flour. Try out this yummy variation.
You can have it as anytime snack or breakfast or as a side dish for a meal.
As it doesn't need to be served hot, it is convenient to make and keep and serve when you want.
Take it for a picnic or serve it for a party as a side dish.
How to make Rava Khaman Dhokla
Ingredients for Rava Khaman Dhokla:
- one bowl- Feni rawa(chiroti rava - fine semolina)
- half a bowl - Curd (plain yogurt)
- little bit of soda
- salt to tasteIngredients for seasoning
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- little mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- little hing - a pinch
- curry leaves
- 2 green chilies - chopped
- turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- coriander(hara dhania - cilantro) leaves - chopped
Method to make Rava khaman dhokla
Take rawa, curd, salt and soda mix well and keep for one to two hours.
after that pour the mixture in a plate and steam for 15mins.
Cool and then cut in a square pieces.
- take and heat oil in a pan.
- add mustard, hing, curry leaves, green chilli, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and cut dhokla pieces. Mix lightly.
Finally garnish with the coriander leaves.
Tips: it gives better taste with khati mithi pudina chutney.
Here is another dhokla recipe