Mixed Vegetable Upma Recipe
by Manjeet Kaur
(Hyderabad, Andhra pradesh, India)
Upma is a favorite of many. You will find here mixed vegetable upma recipe that can be served as breakfast or as any quick one dish meal.
How to make mixed vegetable upma recipeIngredients for mixed vegetable upma recipe
Rava (sooji, cream of wheat) – 1 cup
Carrots – ½ cup chopped
Capsicum - ½ cup chopped
Beans - ½ cup chopped
Green chilies – 2,3 chopped
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
Curry leaves(kadi patta) -7-8
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp chopped Ingredients for tempering
Oil – 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Making mixed vegetable upma recipe
* heat oil in a pan, add mustard and cumin seeds. When they stop spluttering, add chopped green chilies, ginger and turmeric powder
* add carrot, cabbage, capsicum, beans. cover and cook on low flame, allowing the vegetables to cook in their own steam.
* add ginger-garlic paste and kadi pattha(curry leaves). Fry for few seconds.
* add one and half cup of water and allow it to boil. add salt to it.
* after the water is boiled add a cup of rava(sooji, cream of wheat) and mix it in low flame for 2-5 minutes . Switch the flame off. Keep covered till serving time.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot as breakfast or a filling snack or a quick meal at any time.