Chickpea Chana Dal Masala Vada Recipe
This chickpea chanadal masala vada recipe is a south Indian recipe.
This chana dal masala vada is made as a festival side dish.
It is also made to serve as a tea time snack as it tastes great with hot tea or coffee.
Masala vada is also good to make as a part of party menu as it can be served at room temperature.
Chana dal Masala vada needs a little bit of preparation of soaking the chana dal.
The soaked and ground chana dal mixture can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days and you can make vadas whenever you want.
So convenient, isn't it?
How to make chickpea - chanadal masala vada
List of ingredients and the quantitysplit chickpeas (chana dal) - 1/4 kgsalt - 1/2 tsp (more or less according to taste)vegetable oil for deep fryingmasala(spices to add while grinding)
- a small piece of cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1 tea spoon coriander(dhania) seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin (jeera) seeds
- green / red chillies 6 (more or less according to taste)
- curry leaves (optional) - 8 / 10
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
Preparation to do before cooking
- Soak chana dal in just enough water for 2-3 hours.
- After soaking 2-3 hours, pour out all the remaining water.
- Grind dal to smooth consistency along with spices and chilies. Add a little water only if needed while grinding.
- Remove ground mixture in to a bowl.
- Add salt and chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves to the ground dal and masala mixture. Mix well.
- Divide mixture in lime size balls. Flatten vada/patties shape on your palm.
Step by step cooking instructions
- Heat oil in a karai(frying pan) for deep frying vadas.
- Fry vadas on both side till golden brownish.
Serve with tomato chutney, tomato ketchup or by itself.
What variations can you make with this recipe?
You can do the same with masoor dal.
Why do you or your family like this recipe?
we like very much because it will be very tasty.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Vegetarian snack Recipes.