Cashew Asparagus Soup Recipe
Cashew Asparagus Soup
I'm not a fan of asparagus or cashews, but since I was doing a book review I thought I would try this Cashew Asparagus Soup recipe. Now I like asparagus and cashews.
Ingredients for Cashew Asparagus Soup to serve 4
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 4 cloves garlic, minced,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and chopped,
- 4 cups vegetable broth,
- 3/4 cup raw cashews,
- 3/4 cup water,
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt,
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper,
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice,
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast.
How to make Cashew Asparagus Soup
- In large pot on medium-high, sauté the onion and garlic in the oil.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to food processor and process until nearly smooth and put back on stove top.
- Puree cashews and water in processor. Add this to the stovetop mixture.
- Add the sage, salt, and pepper.
- Lastly add the lemon juice and nutritional yeast.
Serves 4 and serve with garlic bread.
This recipe is courtesy of The Part-Time VEGAN by Cherise Grifoni.
I hope you enjoy it. It even tastes better the next day.
Check out my website at www.cooking-creatively.com