Basmati Rice Recipe - Mixed Vegetables Layered Rice
Ingredients for Layered Rice
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (potato, onion, zucchini, ridge gourd, bottle gourd, french beans, carrots, cauliflower or capsicum as per choice)
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp dalchini (cinnamon) + lavang (clove) powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dhania powder
- salt to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic grated or paste
- 2 tbsp curd (plain yogurt)
- 1 tsp mixed cummin & mustard seeds How to make Mixed vegetables Layered Rice - Method
Boil rice till just cooked, grains should be separate. Spread and let cool on a big plate.
Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
Add cummin / mustard seeds, ginger-garlic paste and cinnamon/clove powder.
Fry for a minute. Add all other masalas/spices, and tomato, fry for another minute.
Add all vegetables and curds, cover and cook till vegetable are tender.
In a transparent casserole spread half the rice. Wet hand and press down lightly.
Now transfer the vegetables onto the rice and spread evenly. Save 1 tbsp for topping.
Add the remaining rice and press down as before.
Spread the tbsp leftover masala in the centre of the rice. Cover with foil.
Bake for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with coriander and french fries (optional)