Easy Papad Rice Recipe
South Indian Rice Dish
This easy papad rice recipe is simple to make.
Papad rice is a good variation of rice for serving at lunch or dinner.
It is good to take in the lunch box to school or office too.
You need to use cooked plain rice that has been cooled.
The rice grain should be separated and should not be very soft or mushy.
You may use leftover rice too for this dish. You may also use leftover fried papads and make this easy rice dish.
How to make papad rice
List of ingredients and the quantity urad dal(split white lentil) - 2 table spoons jeera(cumin seeds) - 1/2 spoons grated coconut - 1/2 cupblack pepper - 1/2 spoonfried papad - 2boiled or steamed plain rice - 1 bowl
Preparation to do before cooking In a frypan put urad dal ,black pepper and fry till brown. Grind to powder in a mixer/ blender and keep aside.
Making Papad rice
- Then put pan on the gas stove. heat and add 3 table spoon oil.
- add mustard seeds. when mustard seeds start spluttering, add byadagi(red dried) chilli, bay leaves & the powdered mix
- then add salt to taste
- then add cooked rice and mix well.
- then add grated coconut into rice and mix well.
- While serving, add fried papad to the rice and mix it well.
What variations can you make with this recipe?
You can add lemon juice according to taste to the rice while mixing.
Why do you or your family like this recipe?
It is very tasty and easy to make.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Rice Dishes.